bpa wrote:
> From you initial post iut was assumed your DAC can play DSD but since it
> cannot this phrase is irrelvant "I don't *mind* DSD-to-PCM conversion"
> - you have no choice - your DSD audio will have to be converted to PCM
> so why not just do it once and save cycles and space.
>
> Ignore the LMS text about 705kbps, it is just cosmetic eye-candy and not
> calculated - it is a hangover from when conversions were nearly always
> to 44.kHz /16bit and this was provided as an estimate.
>
> The only way to be sure what is the difference between Daphile and LMS
> on Windows is to first get the player.source logs. Why speculate when
> the facts are easy to get.

I wish to keep the original DFF file so that I may play it on a new DAC
in the future. I have difficult to get the "player.source logs" from
Daphile. There is only limited information on Daphile. I have to ask the
designer for that. As long as windows LMS doesn't do any down sampling,
I am happy with it.