Sorry to butt in....  I run LMS 7.9 in  Docker on a QNAP NAS and I have
approx 140k MP3 files.
I too decided to clean out all tags, remove unnecessary tags, perform
volume leveling, delete all APE tagging etc. etc.
After a lot of trial and error, using MediaMonkey, ID3Tag and many
others, I ended up with Foobar2000.
It is less user friendly at times, but the gain is its extreme power,
speed and ability to perform on huge libraries.
Most basic commands are readily available from the default UI, and with
a bit of scripting knowledge, you can make it do almost anything for
you.

Give it a try.

QNAP TS-453Mini 4x3TB RAID5 QTS 4.3.3
LMS 7.9.0 running in Docker