gmgraves2 wrote:
> I have Media Server 7.7.5 serving my Squeezebox Touch on Mac OS El
> Capitan (10.11.6). Recently I tried to upgrade to High-Sierra on my Mac
> Mini. Even though Apple contends that my Mac is compatible with 10.13, I
> was unsuccessful at upgrading after two separate tries. That required me
> to restore El Capitan from Time Machine. That was successful and I am up
> and running again except that now, the Logitech media server (which has
> run for years under El Capitan and previous systems) now won't start. I
> hit the start button, and it says "Server starting up" and then it goes
> to "Server Stopped". I can't imagine why, having been completely
> restored from a backup, that the server won't start anymore where it
> used to run perfectly. Can anybody help?

That's likely a well known issue with permissions on the mac. Under
certain circumstances macOS would change them on some folders required
by LMS. You could try to run 'my FixLMSPermissions script'
(https://www.dropbox.com/sh/xk3sq8jfbnu0rni/AACZ37YiQTfinuueQYnhrnWva?dl=0).
If that fails to fix LMS, please let me know.

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo