gstalnaker wrote:
> itm,
>
> I plan on using a max2play Raspberry Pi system (see max2play.com).
> Depending on your audio capabilities your mileage may vary. I currently
> use
> this exact system as my primary LMS at home. It uses a HiFiBerry Digi+
> addon card for the Pi3 that provides digital out to my AV receiver and
> connect the Pi3 to my NAS (I also have the HiFiBerry addon card that
> provides RCA output not currently in use). But, I've had the NAS only a
> week and before that I had a USB3 1.5Tb drive connected to the Pi3. My
> collection is 50k+ tracks so I know this can work for you.
>
> As I plan my retirement life I am also looking for how I can use this
> system on the road. I'm going the "travel" route and most likely in an
> Airstream Travel Trailer. They come with integrated audio using
> marine/auto
> systems like -
> http://clarion.com/us/en/products-personal/audio/CZ305/index.html
>
> That system has AUX in so I can either use a RCA-to-1/4" jack cable
> (from
> the HiFeBerry card) or the 1/4" jack output of the Pi3. That gets me
> audio.
> The best way I can think of to control it, is to buy a simple 4-port
> WiFi
> router (e.g.,
> https://www.target.com/p/netgear-n300-wifi-router-wnr2000/-/A-14092270?sid=2765S&ref=tgt_adv_XS000000&AFID=google_pla_df&CPNG=PLA_Electronics+Shopping_Local&adgroup=SC_Electronics&LID=700000001170770pgs
> for $40) and connect the Pi3 to it, which gives me WiFi access via
> Android
> apps to the Pi3 and LMS on it (which is also how I do this at home,
> just
> using my ATT Uverse router and not a standalone WiFi rounter).
>
> For about an extra $50 I'm good to go (not counting the cost of the
> Airstream :-) and I keep the exact same LMS I currently have.
>
> Guy Stalnaker
> jimmyg521 (AT) gmail (DOT) com
>
> On Wed, Dec 20, 2017 at 6:29 AM, itm <
> itm.89sx3z (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
>

> > I have a large music collection (90k tracks), but would like to take
> > portable LMS server away with me when I travel, for playback on a
> phone
> > or tablet. Has anyone devised a good portable LMS solution?

> > itm's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17437
> > View this thread:
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=108425

Many thanks for sharing that. Since I only envisage accessing the server
with a phone or tablet (and headphones), presumably I wouldn't need a
separate audio adapter for the Pi?
I was thinking of buying this Pi starter kit, which seems to include
everything that I would need:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CI5879A/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I1BI3YWA77C7MD&colid=37Q3RQC9I034C&psc=1

Does that look adequate (assuming that I already have a travel router
and a USB HDD)?