4lex wrote:
> Thanks. By end point I meant player, there's s couple of duet receivers,
> half a dozen raspberry pis running squeeze slave and some android
> devices using squeeze player. Using a link I can play successfully in
> vlc in not able to get lms (7.9 I'm pretty sure, running under raspbian
> Jessie) to play. I will try your other suggestions tomorrow as it's late
> here now, thanks for your help.

Receivers cannot play AAC natively. IIRC Squeezeslave is ancient  and
also cannot play AAC natively - you should upgrade to Squeezelite which
is an up to date a software player

It is likely that transcoding in LMS is not working.  If you do not get
a message "cannot open file for ..." then probably LMS supplied binaries
for faad or flac is not working on your system which sound like
incorrect installation of LMS (e.g. 32 bit LMS on a 64 bit system)