kidstypike wrote:
> With "preserve file modification time when saving files" unchecked, I
> renamed the *title tag* of the first track of an album to "Track
> renamed"
>

> 24487
>
> Rescanned my music library, the album *does no*t appear under "New
> Music".
>
> The track name change *has* been picked up though.
>
> 24488
>

> However, changing the *filename* to match the new track title* does*
> bring the album to the top of the "New Music" menu.
>
> 24489
>
> Checking "preserve file modification time when saving files" will not
> modify the files timestamps, and any changes will not show up in new
> music.

I hoped you just know the answer without having to test it... Thank you
very much! So it's the combination of a new filename with a new
timestamp that moves the whole disc up in time. (Because "timestamp" was
thrown around I'll assume that just renaming the file (and a rescan)
wouldn't move it up in the list.) Interesting, not what I expected.

QLMS 7.9.1@1.06f (digimaster) / QNAP 469L QTS 4.3.4