I've been experimenting a bit with this but don't understand the
results.

All Compilations identified as such appear under Compilations in the top
menu. Home/Compilations  But I have a couple of hundred compilations so
that's a long list.

Browsing Home/Genres/Reggae brings up a list of album artists. I was
hoping and expecting reggae compilations to be grouped at the top of
this list. But no.

Home/Genres/Reggae/Various Artists brings up a list of all compilations
with album artist value "Various Artists" but weirdly includes all
genres not just reggae.

Meanwhile Home/Genres/Reggae/All Albums/Various Artists brings up the
same albums as above but this time the list is restricted to those of
the reggae genre.

However Reggae Compilations that have no value for Album Artist are not
listed anywhere except Home/Compilations which of course includes all
genres. Therefore for browsing compilations by genre it seems I must
have Album Artist = Various Artists, or something other than blank.

Is this a quirk of 7.9.0 or have I done something wrong?