I know this is an older post/thread, but figured I'd post something more
2018 for folks that stumble in here...

As nice as this all is, the newly released Squeezelite-X is great, and
is probably what you're looking for nowadays - in the Windows world at
least.

Having said that, I would highly recommend looking into devices. I use
both of these excellent apps - iPeng & Squeeze Ctrl (Angry Goat
Software).

Since iPeng is for Apple DEVICES only, I would also recommend looking at
Squeeze Ctrl/Control (Angry Goat Software), -*which is available in the
Windows 10 app store*- (24hr trial/$4.49 to purchase).

I run Squeeze Ctrl on my Amazon Fire 7" tablets I got at Christmas time
(3-pack 7" $75!, 8" $120!).
Both of these will obviously work with any player, I also bought their
'SB Player' because it 'auto-launches' with the app.

This solution results in a complete, portable tablet controller/player
solution for a pretty damn cheap price!

I do wish iPeng would come out with an implementation for Android,
because it is my 'first love' of these apps, but the Android
infrastructure is just to damn inexpensive to ignore anymore.

Just my 2 cents...

1 x Transporter w/Trans-knob, 2 x Touch (Active, 3 x Spares), 4 x Boom
(Active, 8 x Spares)
1 x Win Server (ESXi 6.x) w/LMS
1 x HP 24" Touch Screen PC w/LMS & SqueezePlay)
4 x iDevices w/iPeng app/player
1 x Samsung Note 4, 3ea x Fire 7", 8” tablets, 1 x 10" all w/SqueezeCtrl
& Player (Angry Goat)
Mark Levinson 23.5 Amp, 380s Pre, 390s CD
B&W 801 II, Acoustic Energy AE-1 signature
SOTA Sapphire table

Computer geek/tech hoarder(!), and DAMN I love the LMS/Squeeze
infrastructure!