mherger wrote:
> > From the context menu "Create MusicIP mix". After setting up a new
> > server based on Debian Stretch on my Pi and succeeding in installing
> > MusicIP I tried to create a mix without even thinking about a rescan
> and
> > it worked.
>
> That's rather surprising... the menu would only be shown if the
> "mixable" flag was set in the seed track.
>
> https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/blob/6c111ddc1267b1a6977ae42a0a783482c5de63ed/Slim/Plugin/MusicMagic/Plugin.pm#L1381
>
> --
>
> Michael

The same music library had been used with my other server also using
Music IP. Would that mean that the tracks already contained a 'mixable'
flag  that LMS could use without performing the MusicIP import? If that
was the case I would expect the MusicIP import function to take a very
short time as the info is already present, but it still uses a lot of
RAM and takes a fair amount of time.
I was surprised as well which prompted me to ask the question.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk