marcoc1712 wrote:
> My current system is an AMD DualCore 2600 4GB Ram (2009 pc),  Debian 9,
> SOX 140301 NOT dsd capable (I think is the one by lms, don't remember).
>
> In that system:
>
> a. repositioning in a track works to me
>
> b. SOX takes up to 95% of cpu time for the time (few seconds) needed to
> fill the player input buffer (or decode and upsample the frst two
> tracks), then it pause (or die, if two tracks are completely buffered)
> until the player streams out.
>
> That could delay the playback startup (currently delay is 3 secs in my
> system,  settled in Player->Audio-> Audio Startup Time), If is too long
> for you (and longer than the one in settings) You could toggle SOX
> multithreading, increase a bit the sox buffer (to 16 o 32) (both in
> Advanced settings, C-3PO), decrease player buffer size (both in and out)
> to let SOX work a little bit more 'relaxed' but longer.
>
> Please consider that in many place in LMS code, taking place when
> transcoding, 3 or even 5 secs is used as 'default' for initial delay, so
> I think this should be considered the lower boundary, no matter what the
> settings are.
>
> That's my line:

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > [flac] -dcs --totally-silent $START$ $END$ -- $FILE$ | [sox] -q -t wav - -t
wav -b 24 --buffer 8192 - gain -h rate -v -L -a -b 90.7 48000 dither -f
improved-e-weighted

--------------------

> You could try the latest version of C-3PO in the beta repo
> (http://www.marcoc1712.it/downloads/repository_beta.xml) I've changed
> something that (not intentionally) could be related to the first
> problem, please let me know.
>
> p.s.
>
> Are LMS running in  windows? If so socket wrapper could be the origin
> of (both) problem(s), it's a nightmare!
>
> Thanks for reporting the issue.
Thanks.

I'm running an xubuntu server and laptop. I tried the beta version
(v2.02.11 - is that correct?) but repositioning still doesn't work.  I'm
repositioning using the LMS web page on Chrome - I don't know if that
makes any difference.  I'm on Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.1 -
1515659378 @ Thu Jan 11 09:26:58 UTC 2018.  For a sanity check I turned
off C3PO on the player and repositioning worked.  Let me know if you
have any other thoughts or things I could try.

Upgrading to the DSD sox made a big difference.  On the standard one it
did not accept multi-threading or buffer settings - they just got wiped
each time I set them.  Now it starts quickly and doesn't take long to
get through 2 tracks-worth (I have a large player buffer).  Good stuff.

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.