Harddrive disconnection ? Are we talking external storage on NAS when
the NAS or the network could fail ?

If the music directory is not aviable when LMS starts , your dB will be
invalid/dropped and you have to fix the problem so the files are aviable
again and then do a rescan preferably a clear and rescan everything .

What I don’t know is LMS actions if the storage fails when we are up and
running ?

My best practice over the years with LMS has been to be sure that the
hard drives with music is properly mounted before LMS starts .
This is also why I never tried to have drives/directories mounted over
WiFi or had several different NAS boxes this makes everything more
complex and prone to mistakes and errors .
I’m travel a lot in work so I power down stuff while away so most of of
dB rebuilds have been me :) not starting everything properly or done to
much experimenting and then forget about it two weeks later when I get
home expecting to hear music .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(spares Touch, SB3, reciever ,controller )