Hi,

Long term Squeezebox user and Tidal subscriber. Recently, on new albums
I am having stuttering problems when playing FLAC streams from Tidal.
Now, the issue I have is that it only occurs on my Duet and Boom devices
and doesn’t seem to affect my Radio. For example for Jess Glynne’s “I’ll
be there” track it is a major problem but for Coldplay’s Adventure of a
Lifetime (which is on an old paylist) it is perfect.

I have tried the Tidal 1.2 plugin and also ickStream. I have configured
proxy streaming, rebooted my router (35mbps connection and my pc
(running LMS 7.9.1) with no joy.

It seems like the players are choking on the size of the stream but that
only makes sense if it affected all Tidal tracks but it doesn’t as some
work (and according to the web display and iPeng they are still FLAC
streams). Maybe Tidal have changed something about their encoding.

Is it time to give up the Duet and Boom and replace with something
else?

Thanks

Adam