Paul Webster wrote:
> Starting LMS with command line including --httpaddr 192.168.1.23
> might be the answer for you.
> However, I'm not sure that pCP provides an easy way to do that from the
> web interface.

just tried this by modifying the /etc/default/logitechmediaserver and
LMS did bind to 192.168.1.23.
but again, i had no trouble accessing and playing local music via
desktop browser (of course it has the hotspot nearby).
strange thing is there at the pi itself, there was no audio!
despite the fact on the browser, LMS shows a track is playing....

so ultimately i believe this is a networking issue, more specifically
one of the default gateway.
as long as the wifi hotspot is available (and its default gateway),
everything works.
but one would think that LMS with a locally attached music should be
able to play without internet.