fragfutter wrote:
> It's unencrypted http, so you can sniff it using tcpdump or Wireshark.

I've used wireshark multiple times in the past, I'm no expert but I'm
not unfamiliar with it either.  I installed it on my Windows LMS server
and I'm now more confused.  The GET url strings for the cover art coming
from the clients match the case of what I'm using in the client,
regardless of browser.  So it looks like I'm wrong to accuse the browser
of silently changing my url strings to lower case.

I can still duplicate the issue with Opera though.  I see the GET
strings come into the server with same character case used in the
client, upper or lower, but sometimes the server returns the default
icon file (type PNG) and other times, at least with Opera, it returns
the cover art (type JPEG).  Chrome requests always result in the server
returning the expected image, for all upper case MAC in the request it
returns default icon (type PNG) and for lower case MAC it returns the
cover art (type JPEG).

There must be some cache thing or something going on that I'm not
understanding.  I installed the same version of Opera that I'm using on
my client laptop on the LMS server and it seems to work ok which is
confusing too - displaying either the default icon or the cover art
depending on the case of the request string.

I hate it when I get wrapped around the axle on something like this.  I
need to just use lower case query strings and move on!