RonM wrote:
> I've had that message forever on my dedicated Win7 music server; I've
> never figured out just how it limits me, as I've never had a problem.
> What exactly is the LMS background service referenced, and why should I
> care?
>
> I suspect that I'm insufficiently engaged with the internals of LMS for
> this to be an issue for me. I just chug away adding and modifying my
> flac and mp3 files.
>
> R.

That message is an indication that the currently running instance of the
LMS control panel has not enough privileges to deal with the LMS
background service. And this background service is needed if you want to
start-up LMS when your system starts, that is, LMS runs even if you are
not logged in. Such a background service (aka Windows service) is a
special way to run executables, in this case the LMS executable
SqueezeSvr.exe. And enabling or starting/stopping such a service needs
administrator privileges.

So if you never want to run LMS without logging in, you can ignore this
message.