Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.58 (sqlite 3.22.0)

I mentioned a few postings up that 7.9.1 was behaving differently. 7.9.1 is using DBD::SQLite 1.34_01, like your "working" version. What I mean by this is that this version behaves differently, but equally wrong under certain circumstances. Check out the behavior on the one you consider correct: are you sure eg. the web UI would group those characters together correctly? In my test case it didn't. It only showed the problem in a different, probably less obvious way.

--

Michael