SpiderJon wrote:
> Fwiw, the ffmpeg transcoding introduces an artefact --  a 'click'  --
> right at the end of mpc tracks.  (I've compared with the original mpc
> files, played in foobar2000, and it's only present in the transcoded
> version.)
>
> I'm attaching a 7 second mp3 file (zipped, so I could upload it) to
> illustrate the click. It's an mpc playing via my LMS through my hifi,
> recorded via my laptop's mic. The music itself fades at the end of the
> track, followed by a few seconds of silence... but the click is then
> pretty loud.

I haven't checked the file but you should check whether it is really the
ffmpeg conversion or another artefact in the chain (e.g. you showed
ffmpeg detecting errors in your mpc file - have these error message been
turned into audio) .

Use ffmpeg to convert your mpc file.

Code:

  ffmpeg -f mpc8 -i inputfile.mpc -f flac outputfile.flc

Play the output file with a non LMS player like vlc and see of there is
a click at the end.  If no click on VLC then check the output file on a
LMS system.