Hi Michael, I see this thread seems to have gone dead some time ago, so
perhaps you have solved the update issue and I just don't know about it.
I'm no Linux expert but I see that Plex is using a programme called Snap
to update. Is that perhaps an option for LMS too?

That's actually an idea that I was thinking about, too. Alas, I'm no expert and certainly wouldn't be in a position to actively work on this.

One issue I found at the time was that there were competing, but similar concepts to what Snap does. Other distributions use(d) flatpack. I don't know about their states today, though.

--

Michael