Not all usb hubs are suitable for a raspberry pi.

You want one that does not backload the pi with power.

I don't think e-bay is a good source for pi unless it is a certified
reseller.

Maybe Pi-Hut or Pimoroni in the UK (Sheffield, I think). RS Components
and Farnell as well.

Any pi you buy, get the official raspberry power supply for it.

The 3b+ is good but the new 4b is a better choice, although there are a
few issues (mostly regarding the heat from the new SCO).
The pi people are working to resolve/ameliorate them as quickly as
possible.

There is no seperate web gui for Jivelite, it is a controller and one
configures it from its own display.

There are many options for controlling the LMS and players.

Software, smart 'phone apps, web browsers.

ronnie