[I think this is a better thread for this question (I made the same in a
thread I opened in the Beginners forum)...  maybe it can be deleted from
there if the admins think it should!]

Would you suggest to install a Linux distribution on my Mac mini (Late
2009, SSD, 8GB RAM) running El Capitan at the moment (the last os that
supports this model) in order to use it as LMS machine?
What Os would you suggest? Daphile? Ubuntu?
Now I use LMS installed on El Capitan but as said before there maybe
some problems because of the old macOS.
Would it be possible to dual boot?
I have completely no experience in installing and using Linux.

Thnx!

Found this link about the exact same mac:
https://www.zealfortechnology.com/2018/07/revive-old-mac-mini-2009-with-linux.html

An option would be to leave the existing ssd as is in case I want to go
back to macOS again and buy a new one to try Linux.

Main system: Synology
DS115j/MacMini[SSD_8GB](LMS)/RPi3B+[LPS](piCore)/M2Tech EvoDAC
Two+[LPS]/Densen DM20&30/Spendor SP2/3E
Head-Fi: Schiit Vali2/Sennheiser HD600 & HD25Alum/Audeze Sine.