I use Max2play software for my LMS on Raspberry Pi and have used this
for about five years upgrading the Pi as a new quicker version came out.
I have been using the Pi 4 4GB since it came out and the Max2play beta
download was available. I only use this Pi as a pure LMS server with a 2
TB USB HD attached with my library . I also purchased a Flirc case and
this has reduced the operating temperature to around 42/43 deg which i
feel is fine.

Pi 4 is smoother , faster and in my view more stable that the Pi3 + . A
full scan does take around three minutes overall quicker than before but
once this has done then upgrades to the LMS version , searches and
instructions for next track etc are much quicker and smoother. I feel
the Rpi 4 is a huge upgrade and offers response and feel that is in line
with many expensive purpose built (and expensive) streamers / network
players. I would reccomend an upgrade to Rpi 4 .

I am sure there are people out there who can use the added RAM to give
other advantages but as this is beyond my talents I will wait and then
keep an eye on developments.

System - Concordant Exhilirant Valve Pre , SBT Triode EDO,Toolbox 3.0 ,
Theta Data Basic II Transport , Perpetual Technology P-1a,P-3a,Anti Mode
2.0 Dual Core,Krell KSA50 MK 1 .