roundjr wrote:
> The script below is not meant as a solution to the missing .xml file. It
> is ugly, not very tested, sends keypresses to the Music application, and
> it will probably break unless used carefully. But it will attempt to
> tell the Music app to do a *File - Library - Export Library...* and put
> it in *~/Music/iTunes/iTunes Music Library.xml* which is probably where
> LMS expects to find it.

I totally missed the key of your script when first skimming your
posting: you can still export the music information to an XML file.
Whether you do this automatically using a script or manually. It's still
possible. And I think that needs some exploration. Thanks a lot for the
hint!

Here's a blog posting describing the manual export:
https://kirkville.com/how-to-export-an-xml-file-in-the-music-app-in-macos-catalina/

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - Spotty, MusicArtistInfo