sfraser wrote:
> I have something similar. I have a freeNAS server , but exporting
> windows CIF's shares. The share is mounted from a raspberry PI running
> MAX2PLAY software. As long as your LMS host supports NFS clients i don't
> see an issue duplicating but with NFS,.  I don't think we will see a LMS
> plugin for FreeNAS any time soon.

Thanks for posts -- Feeling bold with a fresh backup,  I went ahead and

1. Created Ubuntu Server VM in Proxmox
2. Installed/configured LMS 7.9.1 in VM using the wiki on this forum ...
(worked like a charm)
3. Copied Music folders across from Vortexbox to NFS share on FreeNAS
4. Mounted NFS share on Ubuntu VM, and did a new library scan ...Both
players discovered the new server automatically ...

Speed was good for scanning library for first time -- 10:43 to scan
entire library (approx 50K files)

All in all a satisfying project, with plenty of room to grow for
additional music...the only real feature of the Vortexbox I will miss is
the auto-ripping of CDs to FLAC. Made adding new music so easy. I am not
sure there is a way to other rippers (Asunder etc.) auto-rip ?