Lestrad wrote:
> Hello again. I was eventually able to connect to LMS via the browser on
> port 9000. I didn't post a solution here because I never figured out
> what I did right. It just suddenly started working, and was working for
> a month or so.
>
> Now, however, it's stopped working again. The problem seems to be with
> Samba. It's documented 'here'
> (https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=245050). Somewhere along the
> line I updated Samba (to version 4.08.xx) and started having that
> problem. For some reason Samba seems to sabotage itself.
>
> After trying several solutions, I uninstalled samba and tried to install
> version 4.10.10, but when I try to do it I get 404 errors saying that
> the packages are not available. Looking on the archlinuxarm servers I
> find all the packages pacman seems to be looking for, but there are
> newer versions. I've tried to install them manually, but with no luck.
>
> Can anyone help? What should I do? Is there a way to run LMS without
> using Samba? (My desktops are both running Windows7.) Install another
> version of Arch Linux? Think of installing 'Debian'
> (https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104744-SOA-alternatives/page2)
> instead? Any recommendations would be welcome.
>
> Cheers
> Les
If I understand correctly your music is on the readynas? You don't need
to run the Samba service on your wandboard but only the samba client (on
other Linux distributions also known as cifs-utils, no clue about Arch).
Given that the readynas also runs some form of Linux, you could also use
NFS (Network File System) for sharing out the music to your LMS on
Wandboard: it's a bit more complicated to set up, but it's also more
robust and has less overhead in traffic.

Main System: Touch; Marantz SR-5004 + TMA Premium 905 + TMA Premium 901
+ Teufel Ultima 20 Mk 2 + BK Monolith+ FF + Lenovo T460 + Kodi + Pioneer
PDP-LX5090H
Workshop: iPad 32GB Wifi + Squeezepad (local playback activated)
Wherever needed: Acer Iconia Tab A700 + Squeezeplayer
Kitchen: iPhone 5s + iPeng (local playback activated) + NAD 312 + Teufel
Ultima 20 Mk 2
Headphone (cozy corner): Lenovo T550 + Squeezelite-X + Cyrus Soundkey +
Topping A30 + Focal Elear
Car: TBC ...