mrw wrote:
> More info here, I think.
> https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/issues/285

Oh, brilliant!  The link you cited opens with the originator seeing
exactly the same symptom.  I need to check my installation and confirm
that it's (still) on perl 5.28 in the '.2' release of Debian 10.

Then, Michael proposes rebuilding from the dev tree, using the
buildme.sh .  Looking at that buildme.sh file it seems to only go up to
perl 5.26 - and it seems to matter because the file explicitly and
separately tests for every version up to 5.26.  I wonder if that
approach means that the file needs changing to now accommodate perl
5.28.

In principle, rebuilding seems possible, though I might need some
guidance for referencing 5.28, and for how to ensure that buildme.sh
will build a 386 version (I couldn't see that in the script, though I
didn't understand it all).

Good find, very helpful.

Atlantic