rabbit wrote:
> Back in the day when I only used squeezeboxes with the IR remote it was
> simple to stop a stream by holding the pause button and the screen
> displayed "stopping" and then stopped. In the modern world with RPi's,
> Squeezelite and iPeng  how do I truly stop a stream? There is no "stop"
> function in Squeezelite and iPeng, only pause. If I use the "off" button
> for the player in Squeezelite or iPeng the music stops but when I come
> back hours or days later and restart the player it appears that the
> stream was still running. Was it running all the time or did it just
> restart with current content for the same radio channel? I have
> unlimited broadband so this is not a cost issue but curious if all these
> "paused" streams are still running in LMS. I have multiple players so if
> I've left 3 or 4 radio stations streaming in the background it must
> eventually pull down performance. Can somebody enlighten me?

If you use Material skin there is a setting to add a proper "stop"
button for exactly these reasons.
Material will work nicely on a iOS device and if you use iPeng in player
mode it can co-exist on the same device and work as you would want.

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng