slartibartfast wrote:
> FreeCommander might fix an issue I have had for ages now. I have my
> music on a HDD plugged into my Pi4 and a backup on another HDD that I
> plug into my laptop to rip CDs to and then transfer files over the
> network using freefilesync.
> I decided to change all my replaygain tags to the newer standard and
> rather than do this on one HDD then transfer all the files to the second
> I figured it might be quicker to change the tags on both HDDs separately
> while maintaining timestamps. Turns out the timestamps were not
> maintained as promised so freefilesync sees all the files as being
> different. I had to change the method freefilesync uses to recognise new
> files from date to content which takes much longer.
> FreeCommander looks to be the answer [emoji3]
>
> Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Yes, I know about the problems with FreeFileSync, the content method is
too slow for me.

I do it the other way, I have a drive used only for the master copy of
my music files, here I make all tag/filestamp changes.

The SSD HDD connected to my Pi4 is just a copy, using FreeFileSync over
SAMBA.

(Four other backup copies too) :)

*Server - LMS 8.0.0 *Pi4B 4GB/Flirc case/pCP 6.0.0-b7 18K library,
playlists & LMS cache on SSD (ntfs)
*Study -* Pi3B+/pCP 5.0.0/pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/jivelite,
*Lounge* - Pi2/pCP 5.0.0 > HiFiBerry DIGI+ > AudioEngine DAC1 > AVI DM5
*Dining Room* - Squeezebox Boom
*Garage* - Pi3B/Pi screen/HiFiBerry DAC+/pCP 5.0.0 > Edifier R980T

*Spares* - 2xTouch, 1xSB3, 1xRadio, 6xRPi