Problems again today. Squeezeplay 7.8.0r328 was not working. The server
log was the 1st place I looked. 29360. I could not
delete entries. Shut everything down including router and the rebooted.
Even without the Control Panel running I could not delete entries. What
I had to do was open the Control Panel and stop the server. It appears
that the server is running even without the Control Panel open ??

Sure, it's a background task. The Control Panel is just an add on to be more "user friendly" than the web UI.

"too many open files" means something is consuming and not freeing file handles. Whether this is LMS or something else I can't say. Windows' task manager might be able to tell.

--

Michael