Could you add an info message when QLMS is -downloading- a new version?
I thought that the latest QLMS crashed today because I didn't expect a
new nightly (but then the "installing" info popped up).

[[[ Done next version, will show a message in webgui of QNAP ]]]

What's the difference between stopping and restarting QLMS and
restarting LMS using the WebUI (for example when there's a new version
for a plugin). I ask because the "Plugin-Update-LMS-Restart" gives me
these under certain circumstances (SLX):

[B]Using restart/start of QLogitechMediaServer, will do a shutdown and
restart of QLogitechMediaServer. Where it will run al the checks needed
for a proper start .
Some times a restart, will solve issues, where is a restart of LMS will
not.
The restart from the plugin page, will only do a restart of LMS itself.
The SSOTS/SSODS did a complet restart, if you did it from the plugin
page.
But that was one of the things, where is could be infected by unwanted
stuff.
So thats want i dont use it like that

The perl issue is solved, next version will be released next week ![\B]

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 8.0.0 Nightly  ( with spotty,
youtube, Radio Paradise a.m. )
Several raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*