mherger wrote:
> > I can image two solutions
> > 1) Manual update of the year in the LMS database
> > 2) Automatic gathering from a database as Musicbrainz.
>
> Well, I guess for #1 you'd need #2 or some other source, too.
>
> > Is this possible? Or is a solution already existing?
>
> Sure, anything is possible :-). You could have a plugin scanning the
> albums table, looking up stuff wherever, then replace data in that
> table. I actually just implemented something similar for genres (no
> lookup, but the post-scan type of plugin manipulating the tables).
>
> --
>
> Michael

I was considering manual edit of the database but rejected the idea as
at that stage v8.0 was dropping and recreating the online content on
every scan.

Now that the scanner only adds new / amends existing if you do any post
scan manipulation of the data you would now only have to redo it after
every full rescan. Still a mammoth task so ideally you’d need some
separate method of recording and reimplementing the changes

VB2.4[/B] STORAGE *QNAP TS419P (NFS)
[B]Living Room* - Joggler & SB3 -> Onkyo TS606 -> Celestion F20s
*Office* - Pi3+Sreen -> Sony TAFE320 -> Celestion F10s / Pi2+DAC & SB3
-> Onkyo CRN755 -> Wharfedale Modus Cubes
*Dining Room* -> SB Boom
*Kitchen* -> UE Radio (upgraded to SB Radio)
*Bedroom (Bedside)* - Pi2+DAC ->ToppingTP21 ->AKG Headphones
*Bedroom (TV)* - SB Touch ->Sherwood AVR ->Mordaunt Short M10s
Everything controlled by iPeng