If you feel up to it ... you could put some more debug statements in the
code to see which path it is going down.

For example - in
Slim/Networking/Async/HTTP.pm
around line 479 there is this

Code:
--------------------

  # Does the caller want a callback on headers?
                if ( my $cb = $args->{onHeaders} ) {
                        my $passthrough = $args->{passthrough} || [];
                        return $cb->( $self, @{$passthrough} );
                }

--------------------

You could insert something like

Code:
--------------------

                if ( main::DEBUGLOG && $log->is_debug ) {

                        $log->debug("Caller wanted headers - so return");
                }

--------------------

immediately before

Code:
--------------------

  my $passthrough = $args->{passthrough} || [];

and restart LMS

However, if you do this sort of thing then make sure that you make a
backup of the file(s) before editing - and edit with something that
knows about Linux line-endings.

Edit:
Note - have not tested this

Paul Webster