philippe_44 wrote:
> Seems needed and this would suggest that support of opus live stream
> never worked before. It's true that opus works when part of a YT content
> using DASH, and I also tested with local opus files, but I don't think
> I've ever tested it with webradio-like streams (not very many). And
> today, in squeezelite 'ogg' is mashed up with vorbis, so when sending
> streaming request, LMS says 'o' (ogg) but means vorbis. When it's ogf,
> it says 'f' with a small trick reusing pcmsamplesize to say 'o' to tell
> that flac is encapsulated in an ogg container. I added a 'u' strm format
> when the format is 'ops', but I did not update the parseOggHeader

I only tested with an SBR - to check transcoding worked. I didn't know
there were opus native players.

I think streaming opus with "audio/ogg;codecs=opus" may have worked -
the problem is the "application/ogg" is already ambiguous between vorbis
and flac - opus is just another variation.  I don't even know why people
want to bother with opus for streaming as well as MP3 and AAC.  However,
it also seem that use of MIME types is not well defined and so LMS
should follow "accepted practice" - if a browser can play the stream
natively - LMS should follow suit if it is feasible which appears to be
so.