mherger wrote:
> > Is there a reason why slimserver-vendor CPAN is still 7.9 ?? Are
> there
> > any plans to introduce a 8.0 branch?
>
> Reason: there's been no change in that repository.
>

> > I noticed a about 40% longer scanning period on 8.0.  Anybody noticed
> > this too?
>
> What part of the scan would take longer?
>
> Tracks.
>
> --
>
> Michael

1.
Ah Ok. Didn't know CPAN and LMS weren't supposed to be in sync.
Why not just opening a 1:1 branch copy. Stepping up a major release 8.0
I'd call a worthwile change. ;)
And for me maintaining a single/synched release would make life much
easier. ;)

2.
Music Files scanning. The main part.
Before it was 90s for 10k tracks and with 8.0 it was about 130s.

:::'  my audioblog  - latest series: RaspBerry PI - \"The Audio Engine\"
' (http://soundcheck-audio.blogspot.com):::