Oops - I thought I  was in a continuation of another thread about
alternative to alarm.

The idea of breaking current paying stream to play something and return
has been asked many times - the first I recall was a query about pager
or email notification
With HA and text to speech it appears very so often but each time - it
sort of runs into the sand - possibly because each "source" is different
.  A nice idea but not enough people seem to have a great need for it.
Another HA related thread.
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?14703-Interrupting-play-with-home-automation-announcements

WRT Paul's idea of breaking currently playing stream to play an alarm.
IIRC the current behaviour (i.e can interrupt currently playing stream)
arises from alarm playing internet streams having to be reliable.  A lot
of people used alarm to wake up to an internet stream and initial
implementation of alarmjust tried once to play the stream but if stream
broke or didn't set up - no alarm and so as an alarm not very useful. So
alarm was changed to repeat set up - in fact if you are very quick and
dismiss an alarm - LMS will restart the stream thinking the stream
started for the alarm has broken.