bolle wrote:
> Thanks. I tried to re-use my account on the vortexbox forums but seem to
> be stuck in some waiting for admin approval... patience!
>
> Still pretty amazed that it just worked right out of the box after 6
> years!
>
> Have given a Raspberry Pi setup a thought, but first research seems to
> show that an Atom based server like I have should outperform it. So
> unless it dies I'm happy keeping it. Main worry is the hard drive and
> USB back-up drive that are both around 9 years old, so am getting a
> second USB drive for an extra back-up.

By the way, vortexbox forum is not very active these days. So do not be
surprised if you don’t have many responses. But look at last months of
posts. Stuff there about upgrading. My advice is to try and upgrade to
2.4.

*Home:* VBA 4TB (2.5)>LMS 7.9.2>Transporter, Touch, Boom, Radio (all
ethernet)
*Cottage:* VBA 3TB (2.4)>LMS 7.9.1>Touch>Benchmark DAC I, Boom, Radio
w/Battery (ethernet, Radio WIFI)
*Office:* Win10(64)>LMS 7.9.2>Squeezelite
*The Wild (no internet): *PiCorePlayer 4.0 on rPi 3B+, hifiberry
Dac+Pro, 4TB USB (LMS & Squeezelite)
*Controllers:* iPhone6 & iPadAir2 (iPeng), CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay
7.8 on Win10(64) laptop
*Files:* ripping: dbpa > FLAC; post-rip: mp3tag, PerfectTunes;
Streaming: Spotify