Thinking about this some more, it seems to me that the crucial issue
here is how Advanced Search handles the "not in text search" option.
What I expected and hoped was that the search would result in a list of
all tracks that do not contain the listed genre tag(s). I also
considered the possibility that, in the case of multiple genre tags,
only the first genre tag is checked. Another possibility is that any
file that includes a tag that is NOT in the text search field will be
included in the results.

I've done some testing and it appears that, unfortunately, the last
possibility is correct. In other words, the "not in text search" option
seems not to work with multiple genre tags.

So far, I have only tried this with a double backslash ( \\ ) used as
the separator. The results might be different when using a semicolon ( ;
).

LMS 8 nightly; 3 Squeezelite players connected by powerline ethernet; 5
wireless players connected via Airplay Bridge; 1 SqueezeAmp player
no high-end or esoteric audio gear
1 Squeezebox Radio (upgraded UE Smart Radio) now mostly retired