I just bought PowerAmp for my Android phone and use Bluetooth from the
phone to the car for my music. The interface is somewhat like the
Material skin in LMS. My phone has a large Micro SD card that holds my
whole library. If I have an incoming call the music is automatically
paused and then automatically resumes after the call. I can even use
voice commands like "Hey google - Play album Harvest by Neil Young". I
see this as more of a KISS approach.

Main system - Rock Solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on WHS 2011 - 2 Duets
and Squeeseslave
Cabin system - Rock solid with LMS 7.9.3 Official on Win10 Pro - 1 RPi 3
Model B/Hifiberry DAC+ Pro/PiCorePlayer and Squeezeslave
Squeezebox Boom - "At Large" player around both home and cabin
Headphones and car - Android phone/Bluetooth w/full library on MicroSD
card - PowerAmp music player app (similar to Material Skin)