Just tested on a 7.9.* and playlist did not appear empty - so this issue
is a 8.* one. Something in 8.* seems to have changed.

Yup. That’s the conclusion I came to.  I’m pretty sure that the issue
wasn’t there when I started using 8.0.0 as I use my playlists quite
frequently and I would have twigged that something was amiss. As I said
in the previous post I became aware of the problem Feb/ March time. All
a bit vague I know!

Could somebody please summarize for me? If you install PlayHLS on LMS8 and do a rescan, playlists would be emptied? But a full wipe & rescan would populate them again? And without that plugin there's no such problem?

--

Michael