tpicq wrote:
> So to me even if I play a stream NOT synced it goes thru the server...

ANY ENTRIES IN SERVER.LOG ?

Unless the player natively support "https" - then any https stream has
to be handled by LMS.

However, the FIP icecast https stream
"https://icecast.radiofrance.fr/fip-hifi.aac"; can be played as a http
stream.  There have been a lot of change to https support. IIRC, in
older version of LMS, when given http stream that could be played
direct, LMS use to try to substitute "http" for "https" to see if the
stream can play.

That said, AFAICT the 1598245934 LMS is from 24th August and 1601380107
is from 29 Sept and there does nto seems to be any  LMS "https"
processing changes in that time
(https://github.com/Logitech/slimserver/commits/public/8.0 ).

Can you copy & post all the libraries & versions as shown in WebUI
Settings/Info "Logitech Media Status" for each of the LMS version.

To check what is happening when the URL is being played and whether LMS
is handling the stream, enable logging player.source to INFO and then
try play the stream (note time just before starting to play).  Look at
server.log at the time when you are trying to the play the stream.  This
should show LMS "thinking".