I totally am not aware of any scan issues related to that Ubuntu
version. Would you have a link to a related discussion?
Michael

This issue is probably not that general and might be related to my own
configuration. On the other hand, I tend to use defaults and are having
this scan issues on more than one Xubuntu 18.04 (and later)
installations.
https://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?109660-LMS-rescan-problems&highlight=

That discussion is two years old. Are you saying that you've lived with a broken scanner for all this time?!?

If that was a general issue, it would have come up more often and been fixed. I'm convinced this is a problem in your configuration or with a file of yours. As I said: please provide a scanner.log with more information if that's an ongoing issue. But that's probably better dealt with in its own thread, as it's different from what was posted initially in this one.

--

Michael