Thanks for the response.

I'm seeing a bunch of "file missing" errors even though they are present
on the disc (and I didn't have this problem in the past, though I just
setup LMS on a new system). I just tried a rescan and see a bunch of
these errors.  The missing files appear to be kinda random, no errors
for other files in the same directory.

For example:

[20-11-17 07:51:59.5802] Slim::Formats::readTags (176) File missing:
\\NETWORKDRIVE\Music\CDs\Artists\B\Baseboard Heaters\Lost All Faith\11 -
Baseboard Heaters - blood & water.flac