mherger wrote:
> > How do I check what version of Perl is installed?
>
> You'd need to ssh into it. From my records it looks as if it should
> still be using Perl 5.8... Which is about the oldest we ever supported
> :-).
>
> How Linux literate are you? Would you be able to edit a file on the disk
>
> once logged in to it?
>
> Or save yourself the hassle and get a Raspberry Pi to run LMS on...
>
> --
>
> Michael

Hello all, good day to you!

Im a new to this forum although I have read through it quite some.
I have been using LMS up to 8.0 on an old Windows PC and it is running
fine, but as it is old I am afraid working the HDD too much, will make
it fail in the end.
As I have a NAS available, I thought and did implement LMS on it.
As the author of this post, it is a ReadyNAS (Ultra 4 so i386 based I
learned after many trials) running RAIDiator 4.2.31

And I have encountered exactly the same issue as skriver, namely nothing
above 7.9.1 works on the NAS, and higher versions show "Ce site est
inaccessible - 192.168.1.134 n'autorise pas la connexion. -
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED"
With 192.168.1.134:9000 - tried 9001 and 9002 to no avail either.

I can go into the shell with ssh and edit a file if it permits me to run
higher version...
I am not yet ready to upgrade the OS itself, even though it seems
feasible and promising, but I have all my data backed up on the NAS
(obviously, made for that)...
Now that Jim is saying it solved a lot, i might just do that, how easy
is it really (can MP)

Thanks for any help on running on the current OS for the time being,
Patrick