hankhsucc wrote:
> But I am not familiar with how LMS process the audio files (variant
> formats) and in what format the audio file data is sent to Squeezebox
> Touch.

LMS knows the capabiltiies of a player (i.e. which formats and sample
rates) that can be played *natively* (i.e. player decodes into PCM for
audio hardware)

> As flac file is concerned, is flac file decompressed into PCM in client
> side or server side ?
Except for older SB hardware players, all SB player can play Flac
natively so *default setting *is decoding to PCM will be done in the
player unless the sample rate is not supported (e.g. 19.2kHz for a
"vanilla" Touch). Resampling a Flac stream will be done by sox into
Flac.
> What does the setting means ?  Can you help ?
They are rules evaluated in parallel to find which could apply.
In simple terms, LMS will first choose the applicable rules that play
the stream natively, if no native then transcode to lossless (e.g.
WMA->Flac) and finally transcode to lossy (e.g. Flac to an old MP3 only
player SliMP3)

> And how to set log for more info. ?

Set logging player.source to INFO

Output is difficult to interpret and order of logging does not
necessarily reflect order of execution.
When transcoding is taking place look for the "tokenizedcommand " log
entry