I uninstalled, reinstalled 7.9.1 and got it back. The slim device had to
be reconfigured.  Its like a ghost in the machine.  I would like to get
to 8.0 and have considered tidal, now i am scared to change anything.

Any idea what happened? I control all my players via a handheld remote,
after the update i waited for the rescan to finish and could not get it
to sync with my music collection, just spinning.  My slim device went
bonkers.  I uninstalled and reinstalled several versions, could not
recall the one i had.

It appears to be back to normal, any input appreciated.  What version is
best and stable?  Thanks