reinholdk wrote:
> Can anybody confirm that the double-quotes around sda2 in the output are
> correct? I'd expect to read //10.0.0.1/sda2 here, no?

Yes, I agree, it doesn't look right, but addressing that was my next
step if the vers case issue didn't fix the issues.

It's hard to work out from documentation and not actually having one to
test what the ASUS router is actually doing with it's share, WD Elements
2620 is clearly the volume, in ASUS' onine examples of setting up a
network samba share the sda appears after click the Add New Folder to
share, so I thought maybe it's the share name and the folders are below
that are the shared folders with editable permissions.

But looking at kidstypike post #38, it looks like the lowercase vers
isn't the fix and it's as I feared it might be, the router isn't
presenting sda2 as a share name but a virtual volume, so the valid share
name is vol/folder (sda2/Music) and pCP doesn't allow this.
This is pretty much confirmed by later posts and the volumio mount.

So for me the next question is... On the Router config page, does
setting "Simpler share naming" to Yes allow you to drop the sda2 and
just use Music as the share name... so:

32836

Just checked and my Vigor router allows sharing a USB drive... perhaps
I'll have a play with that this evening.

Kev

|Filename: smb.jpg                                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32836|