jeroen2 wrote:
> For me in classical music the actual CD the tracks came from is very
> relevant. I do tend to only play full albums (CDs) and never individual
> tracks, regardless of the genre. Although I can see how the new online
> music market is changing the way artists release their work, I do still
> think most of them make a conscious effort to 'curate' their work into a
> CD like format, which I would then like to play from beginning to end.
>
> I've been following this discussion with interest because I also still
> use the Custom Browse and Custom Library. My main navigation is through
> "shallowgenre" though:
> >Genre >Subgenre >Albums  (where Genre can be Classical with subgenres
> Classical Piano, Classical Bach, etc...)
>
> My main reason to do this is that I tend to be more visually oriented
> when choosing what music to play. So rather then coming up with the name
> of the work or the name of the performer I prefer scrolling through
> album covers..
>
> So if I decide to rework my menus using the new functionality in LMS 8
> (in stead of using the plugins) it would need to include an alternative
> for shallowgenre.
Am I right in understanding that you have defined your own custom tag
'shallowgenre'?

LMS 8.1 on PC, Xubuntu 20.04, FLACs 16->24 bit, 44.1->192kbps.  2
Touches & EDO.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (A308CR amp & ESLs) & Marantz
CR603 UPnP renderers.
Also Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 20.04 laptop firefox/upplay or Android mobile with
Squeeze-Ctrl/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.