mherger wrote:
> What random mix types would people be using when they believe it wasn't
>
> random enough? I'm currently playing with the Spotify approach. But it's
>
> hard to test whether it feels better than real random order...

My preference is for genuine random, but limited to unique numbers. In
other words, random without repeats, until random play is reset or all
available tracks have been played. That's the current approach, isn't
it?

I prefer to have occasional coincidences, like two tracks in a row by
the same artist, or two different versions of the same song. After all,
when cards are properly shuffled, it still happens on very rare
occasions that a player will be dealt a royal flush or some other
winning hand.

If truly random play were left running indefinitely, eventually (not
necessarily in the lifetime of anybody now alive) a Cliff Richard album
would play all the way through, in the correct order.

So my plea is, Let Random be Random!

LMS 8 nightly running on Raspberry Pi OS. Mostly virtual players,
occasionally with SB Radio, Boom or Classic.