mherger wrote:
> > Er... does that mean slower or faster to create the initial shuffled
> > list, slower or faster to add new items to that list, or what?
>
> The process of shuffling the list takes longer. Whether this is the
> initial shuffle, or re-shuffling after adding stuff doesn't really
> matter.

OK, understood.

Now we have the two shuffle options as a global setting at
Settings/Advanced/Performance, so that setting will apply to anything
one plays, including, say, a Spotty playlist, or a Library View-filtered
set of tracks from Random Mix.

As the original poster here, I'm really grateful, Michael, for the
efficient way you've dealt with all this. Beautifully random.