Last thing I was curious about is why only Windows users are seemingly
experiencing this issue. Logically thinking, the underlying condition
should be happening on Linux just the same. I ran a test on Linux to
find out.

34918

As we can see, TCP flow timing on Linux looks very similar to Windows.
Server sends TCP FIN packet and client takes another 150 seconds to
drain TCP receive buffer and reply with FIN, ACK. Server then responds
with RST instead of final ACK, because socket on the server has already
been destroyed. The only difference here is that Linux does not send TCP
Window Update packets to the server as the buffer is drained, so it does
not trigger RST from the server before client has time to read all the
data from the buffer.

|Filename: tcp_session_linux.jpg                                    |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34918|