That's three hours faster than on my 3GB NAS with 130k tracks.
(Settings/Information reads "The server has finished scanning your media
library. Total Time: 01:47:43" which would be two hours faster than
normal, so I assume the FTS update from a few weeks ago triggered a new
scan but didn't update the date.)

It's a moot point to compare unless we have full scan step information. Eg. looking up artwork online can take a considerable amount of time. So does FTS. Without knowing where we spend the time we can't say what would improve the performance.